Here are some natural remedies to control and prevent common pest problems in and around your house, as according to indiatoday.com
keeping flies away
- While cleaning the kitchen counters and table tops, sprinkle salt on a damp cloth to wipe the areas. This will keep flies away.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the water used for mopping floors to keep your house free of flies.
- Place small sachets of crushed mint around the house. It will discourage flies from entering your house.
- Plant mint (aromatic plant) in small pots, and place them on your kitchen counters and near the windows. It will prevent the pests from flying in.
Dealing with ants
- Add a few drops of mustard oil in corners and entry points in your house along their trail.
- Draw white chalk lines on entry trails, ants don’t cross these lines, because they don’t like the powder sticking to their feet.
- Squirt lemon juice in cracks where ants hide.
- To keep away the ants from the sugar pot, put a few cloves in it.
- Dip a string in castor oil and tie around the neck of honey bottles.
- Set out cucumber peels or slices in the kitchen or at entry points. Ants have a natural aversion to cucumber.
- Keep sweet items such as jam, in tightly closed containers.
- Keep counters free of crumbs and sticky spots
- Keep your doors and windows netted. Don’t let garbage collect anywhere near your house.