After a long day of work or walking in shoes, there’s no better way to treat your feet than to give them a wonderful foot massage. Feet demand proper care and attention because of their importance to walking and support of the body’s weight.
The pedicure is a pampering salon service used for relaxation and to enhance the look of the feet for both men and women. Pedicure soothes tired feet, repairs brittle or ingrown toenails and removes dead skin cells off the bottom of the feet.
We visited one of the saloons in Kigali town to bring you the information on how pedicure is done. At Hair deluxe saloon found at La Bonne address building, pedicure and manicure services are available and below are how the process is gone through.
Here is what you need
Warm water, any mild shampoo, Pumice stone, foot scrub, Cuticle cream, cutical pushing stick, Nail cutter, Nail file, cotton and nail polish.
- Nail paint is removed from the toe nails
- Nails are cut and trimmed or filed to your desired height.
- In a bathtub filled with warm water, shampoo is added for moisturizing, deodorizing, and softening. Your feet are socked in this warm water for twenty minutes to soften calluses and corns.
- After soles are soft, feet is scrubbed a scrub cream to remove dead skin cells.
- A pumice stone is used to soften rough spots and reduce calluses.
- Apply cuticle cream to soften the cuticles. Use a cuticle pushing stick to gently push your cuticles back. Please note that you should never cut the cuticles as this can cause injury.
- After scrubbing, a foot cream or lotion is applied to the feet followed by foot massage.
- After a nice foot massage, your nails are polished with the perfect shade of your choice. A shiny top coat is added if you prefer. If you don’t want your nails polished, massage is the finishing line.
Whether performed at home or in a spa, the basic function of a pedicure is to clean and maintain the appearance of feet.